Sunday, October 08, 2006

One of those days...





The day started off fine and bright with little sw wind. The sunrise was quite spectacular over Boulmer.
I headed off down the road to do some of my BTO Winter Plover Survey. Although the survey square didn't have much, one or two birds were noted in the area. 9 Long tailed Tits were in the garden near the Lifeboat Hut, 38 Tree Sparrows in set a side, 1+ Goldcrest, 1 Stock Dove, 1 female Sparrowhawk, 1 Buzzard. 282+ Pink footed Geese flew south, 2 juv Swallows were around the village, 1 Song Thrush, 26 Linnets, 1 'commic' Tern flew south ( I hate that term but this one was into the light) , 1 Wigeon S, 18 Bar tailed Godwits, 15 Knot.

Andy Mould found a Roller on the Snook at Holy Island this morning but other commitments prevented me getting to it. Hopefully it will be around tomorrow.

At 6pm I had a call saying that a corncrake had been at the north end of the patch this evening, at Low Steads. I hunted with Andy Mould ( as if he hasn't had a good enough day already!) but there was no sign.

No comments: