Friday, April 13, 2007

Flexi day. The weather forecast had appeared reasonable for the arrival of a few migrants, but this morning wasn't quite right. Thick fog made viewing very difficult and the wind was more SSE than SE, but I gave it a go anyway.

Just about the whole of Boulmer was combed in search of a Ring Ouzel or similar ( Well, I did get similar if you count Blackbirds but thats not what I meant).
I walked Bunty from the village north to Low Steads and back then later did Seaton Point, the golf course scrub and the caravan site. My total migrants for the day were 2 Swallows, 1 Chiffchaff on the point, 1 Goldcrest and a Fieldfare, possibly the same bird seen in the village the other day..

I always work on the theory that time spent in the field = good birds found. If thats true then I'm owed something very good indeed! Nice to see that the St Mary's chaps have had a few birds. See the link left.

No comments: