Tuesday, December 22, 2009

They're back!

At dawn this morning, well still dark but a hint of a glow over the sea was a taste of things to come, the very first bird I heard outside was - a Tawny Owl, closely followed by that distinctive cronking we all know and love - the Raven's have returned!!

Well I could hear one at its roost anyway. My neighbour, Julie saw them both on Saturday not far from here and I've been on the look out since. I hope to actually see them soon...

A walk up to the coast path with Bunty had a few migrants on the go. A nice Woodcock came in-off and carried on west as did 6+ Redwings and a few Blackbirds. Skylarks were calling unseen in the gloaming...

Today was my last day at work until the new year so I hope to get out and about a little bit, if I can find the time!

2 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

You'll have to put the kettle on New Years Day for all the first footers trying to get Raven on Day 1.

Ghost of Stringer said...

I had a three redwings "in off" yeasterday too, and quite a few skylarks on the move...

I'll be keeping a keen eye open for your ravens, the fields at the back of Newton Pool and the golf course are good for corvids, maybe they'll drop in....