Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This might be the end of the years Moths. Or maybe not.


This morning as I drove past Longhoughton Spar shop on my way to work, a glance over my shoulder and I could see a 'mark' on the white painted pebble dashing. Worthy of a check. A quick about turn and...The mark was a Pale Brindled Beauty (above) and along side were single Chestnut and Mottled Umber.

No need to fork out big bucks for a moth trap in winter eh!

I've just recieved the moth report for 2009 so far. In my short novice spell of mothing this year I've had 4 firsts, 5 seconds and 3 thirds for VC68! I hope 2010 is as good....

3 comments:

Ipin said...

it might be the end of everything....could be -15 at the weekend!

Warren Baker said...

-15! At least the moths will be still enough for a photo!

Stewart said...

-15! I'll be a monkeys uncle if its as cold as that here. Maybe in Aviemore...