Saturday, September 04, 2010

Kite...

Red Kite juv.

JWR found this kite at Buston on the very same road as the male Red backed Shrike earlier this year. Just like the shrike, by the time I got there it had gone...He got these nice photos though to thoroughly P me off!

What with Gary finding Lap Bunts pouring south at Low Newton and this Kite just south of me I am eagerly awaiting my good bird. A Wryneck on me lawn would do nicely....

Oh and I've just had a text from Rob Hopson who has just found a Great Snipe at Spurn, lucky sod...

Right a reality check beckons -


Lunar Underwing. New for the year, species 301.

My second Butterbur of the autumn in the garden...

Ear sp. Probably Large Ear due to the dark crescent on the underside of the wing...

The local female Merlin showed again today coinciding with a large arrival of Starlings into the Village. The flock is now 4 - 500 strong. A Nuthatch on my garden peanuts was a nice record  too... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a Red Kite earlier this year while we were waiting (unsuccessfully) for the Crane to show itself near Eshott(? sorry brain fails me).

Anonymous said...

Still great shots of the Kite, even if they`re not yours. I can understand that you`re slightly p`d of with that.

Oh, and well done on topping 300 moth sp`s Stewart.