Sunday, December 11, 2011

S'no show for snow!

Its all gone. This morning was very mild and calm, much better than the cold stuff from yesterday. Didn't do much birding today though, time spent shopping and xmas decorating etc...

A dog walk had 69 Curlews in the stubble behind the Old Rectory, 1 Lapwing S, 1 Buzzard in the heronry and a good few Mistle Thrushes around the village. Odd Yellowhammers and Bullfinch added to the interest.

I haven't even bothered my arse to pay a visit to the Newbiggin Desert Wheatear even though its been there a week now. As I've seen 4 in the county I am hoping one will skip along the rocks here...

Only 5 weeks until the Winter Aconites show, 6 weeks until Snowdrops, 8 weeks until Toads head for the pond and 10 weeks until Blackbirds start singing.....roll on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. after all the effort I put into releasing.... finding the little wheatear you could make the effort. Tame??? take your phone you'll get cracking shots. Did you know it is 1955 since the last one in Durham. Gripping for my old patch.

Stewart said...

Dave is that 3 or 4 you have found now! I saw the last one at Alcan a couple of years back....You found the tailless female at snab too. Any others?