Thursday, May 01, 2014

Infested...

Looking from the kitchen window this evening at dusk, 2 Bank Voles and a juv Wood Mouse fed together, right out in the open, often jumping around each other, below our bird table. Watching this scene had me thinking that many people would have been on to the council by now...

 I say the Wood Mouse was a juv as it was physically smaller than the voles, which the adults are not. Weather permitting tomorrow, I'll try and get a photo. I'll need to time it so the light is ok but the birds are going off to roost so they dont frighten my rodent residents...

3 comments:

John said...

That's the sort of infestation I could happily live with...looking forward to the pictures.

Amanda Peters said...

Never seen a Bank vole, we often have Mice which are ok, but some times we get Rats which I don't like, I just stop putting food out for a bit and they tend to move on.

Stewart said...

No show tonight John so no images. I'll keep a look out, but scroll down and you'll see my voles from a few days ago...

Amanda - Yes we get rats sometimes, but when there are rats there are no voles! I haven't seen a rat here for over a year now, someone must be putting poison down. I usually live trap them and take them out into the countryside away from home.