Sunday, July 19, 2015

More Moths...

A good catch last night, the full list is on here, of 458 moths of 86 species.

More with one trap than  the night before's two! Best of the bunch was a new species for the garden and one I haven't seen for over 15 years, since we lived at Stobswood - Figure of 80. I like these moths, shaped like another fave of mine Yellow Horned. Lilac Beauty was also nice but it wouldn't really sit for a pic, whilst Cydia splendana  was new for the year Cydia fagiglandana was anew species for the garden, 2nd for VC68 and only the 4th for Northumberland. Thanks to Tom for spotting my photo...

Figure of 80

Cydia splendana fagiglandana


2 comments:

Amanda Peters said...

I would still be wading my way through this many moths ! Numbers a little lower here put it down to the wind and cool evenings...
Amanda xx

Stewart said...

July is always busy here Amanda, I never seem to get enough sleep. Once you have your eye in with moths it doesnt take too long really. 99% can be rattled off as familiar while odd ones need pictures and research..